Considering having your vehicle tinted, but unsure on what window tint percentage to choose? We are here to help. with some factors to consider when choosing the right percentage of tint for your car.
- Your Location: The legal tint percentage varies from state to state, so be sure to check your local laws before you get your car tinted.
- Your Needs: What are you hoping to achieve with tinting your car? If you’re looking for privacy, you’ll want a darker tint. If you’re more concerned about blocking UV rays, you can use a lighter tint that still provides high UV rejection.
- Your Budget: Different window tint technologies have vastly differing pricing. It’s important to understand your overall objective of having window tint installed and how the various options fit within your budget.].
- Your Vehicle’s color: The color of your car can also affect the way tint looks. Darker cars tend to look better with darker tint, while lighter cars can look good with lighter tint.
Check out this chart and a general guide to the different window tint percentages.
- 70%+: This is very light window film. High tech, innovative films can be this light and still offer decent heat & UV rejection. This is a popular option when high visibility is desired.
- 50%-70%: This is a good compromise between privacy and visibility. It blocks out enough light to reduce some glare and heat, but it’s still light enough to see through easily.
- 35%-50%: This is a slightly darker tint that offers a little more privacy while giving more heat and glare reduction. It’s still easy to see through, but it’s not as bright as a 50% tint.
- 20%-35%: This is a dark tint that offers a great deal privacy. This is comparable to what you typically see from the factory on the back windows of SUVs and vans. It’s not as easy to see through, but it does a great job of blocking out light and heat.
- 15% and Lower: This is typically knows as “Limo Tint”. This window film is very dark and offers maximum privacy. This is not a film that would be considered safe for front side windows when the visibility of the driver is imperative.
Here are some additional tips for choosing the right window tint percentage for your car:
- Consider the Climate Where You Live – If you live in a hot climate, you may want a darker or higher technology tint to block more heat. If you live in a cold climate, you may want a lighter tint to let in more light.
- Think About Your Driving Habits. If you do a lot of night driving, you’ll want a tint that doesn’t make it too dark to see at night.
- Consider the Style of Your Car. If you have a sporty car, you may want a darker tint to give it a more aggressive look. If you have a luxury car, you may want a lighter tint to keep it looking elegant.
If you’re still not sure what tint percentage is right for you, give us a call. We would love to help. Ultimately, the best way to choose the right window tint percentage for your car is to view cars with different types and percentages to see what you like. There is no right or wrong answer, so it’s important to find a tint that you’re comfortable with. If you would like more information or to talk about car window tint percentage options for your vehicle, contact us by calling (504) 281-2121. We are your premier source for automotive tint in the Chalmette And New Orleans, LA area.